For those bringing dogs we ask the following:
Pet friendly is limited to two outside access rooms , Room 20 and Room 17 so we have no chance of other guests being disturbed.
2 Village Square charges a $35 cleaning fee for bringing your canine family member, if the room does not require additional care, this fee will be donated to the AWS in Kennebunk.
- Only, non barking, well kept clean dogs will be accepted we have no weight on dogs. We do not accept cats.
- Dogs can not stay in the rooms alone if they bark, please respect this.
- Please keep your Dog on a leash at all times.
- We will show you areas special for dogs to be walked and do their business, please pick up after the Dogs.
- Dogs should not be in Pool area May - September or Common areas of the house.
- If your dog is noisy and disturbing to other guests, you will be asked to leave, or bring the dog to the local Vet.
- Please keep dogs off any beds or furniture, and if they are crate trained, please use the crate.
- Dogs should not be washed in the rooms or bathrooms.
- Pet owners will be responsible and charged for any damages or accidents that occur in your room. Please report this right away to alleviate any such charge.
- We have designated two rooms for dogs a suite Suite 20 and king room King 17, two of our nicest rooms,
- We are nestled on 3 acres of wooded land, dogs must be on flea and tick guard of some kind.
Most of all enjoy having your pet on vacation at the 2 Village Square Inn Ogunquit, we look forward to meeting them all & adding their photo to our site !!!
Scott , Bruce & Peter
Where can I walk my dog?
Dogs must be leashed in all areas unless otherwise specified. You must pick up after your dog in all cases. Fines for animal ordinance violations vary by town, but range from $20 to $200 per violation.
Dogs are welcome: (In order from south to north)
- Wiggly Bridge/Steedman Woods (York): 17 acre woods on Rt. 103, near Rt. 1A. Dogs and people must stay on the paths, but are allowed in the water at the bridge. Dogs must be leashed on the trails and under vocal control in the water.
Directions: Take Rt. 1 south to third light, Rt. 1A (York St.) Left onto York St. Continue through the center of town to Rt. 103. Turn right onto Rt. 103. Parking for Wiggly Bridge is on the left; the Wiggly Bridge is on the right. Walk across the dam and over the bridge to Steedman Woods.
- Fisherman's Walk (York): Paved and gravel walk along York River. Directions: Park in the same place you would for the Wiggly Bridge, but instead of crossing the street to the bridge, follow the footpath away from the crosswalk, and onto the grounds of the Sayward-Wheeler House. Continue along the river. The path is broken at times by streets leading to the water, but it ultimately ends near the York Harbor Beach.
- York Beaches: (Harbor Beach, Long Sands Beach, Short Sands Beach, Cape Neddick Beach) Dogs are allowed from 6am to midnight, October 15 through April 30. From May 1 to October 14, dogs are only allowed 6am-8am and 6pm-midnight, leashed or under strict vocal control. If your dog likes to socialize, most dogs are on Long Sands Beach, by the public restrooms (north of the Sun & Surf).
Directions: Route 1 south to third light, Rt. 1A (York St.). Left onto York Street. Harbor Beach is on right, past Rt. 103. Continue on Rt. 1A to Long Sands Beach, then Short Sands Beach. Continue on Rt. 1A to Shore Road. Turn right onto Shore Road, and Cape Neddick Beach will be approximately 1/4 mile on the right
- Mt. Agamenticus (York): Several miles of hiking trails of varying difficulty. In- terconnecting paths are well-marked. People and dogs must stay on the marked trails. Click here for a printable trail map.
Directions: Rt. 1 to Agamenticus Road (blinking light). Follow Agamenticus Road to the end. Turn right onto Mountain Road. The road to the "Mount A. Summit" will be approximately 1-2 miles, on the right.
- Marginal Way (Ogunquit): Leashed dogs are allowed from October 1 to March 31. Dogs are NOT allowed from April 1 to September 30.
- Littlefield Park (Ogunquit): Lawn and trees with a few park benches. No parking. Dogs allowed from October 2 to May 14. Dogs are NOT allowed from May 15 to October 1.
Directions: From center of town, follow Shore Road to Ledge Road. Turn left onto Ledge Road. The park is on the left at the corner of Ledge Road and Park Lane.
- Ogunquit Beach: Dogs are allowed from October 1 to March 31. Dogs are NOT allowed from April 1 to September 30. From October 1 to March 31, dogs are allowed to run without a leash only from the Footbridge walkway north to Moody Beach, and only on the water side. Fences are along the dunes for the protection of the piping plovers, an endangered species of bird. Neither dogs nor people are allowed within the fenced enclosures.
- Wells Beach: Dogs are allowed at any hour from September 16 to June 15. June 16 to September 15, dogs are allowed only between 6pm and 6am.
Directions: Route 1 north to Mile Road. Turn right onto Mile Road and park at the end.
- Wells Harbor Park: Dogs are allowed at any hour from September 16 to June 15. June 16 to September 15, dogs are allowed only between 6pm and 6am.
Directions: Route 1 north to Harbor Road. Turn right onto Harbor Road and park at the end.
- Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge Carson Trail (Wells): One mile walk along marchlands. Dogs are allowed on the trail only and must be leashed to minimize the disturbance of the wild animals. The trail is open every day, dawn to dusk. Directions: Rt. 1 north to Rt. 9. Right onto Rt. 9. Refuge is .7 miles down on the right.
- Wells Recreation Center: Dogs are allowed at all times. Dogs must be leashed or under strict verbal control. Dogs must not chase the wildlife, including the Canadian geese.
Directions: Route 1 north to Route 109. Left onto 109 to Rt. 9A. Right onto 9A. Recreation Center will be approximately one mile down on the left.
Fergie and Roxette